The Accounting Manager is responsible for day-to-day accounting operations, including period-end close, AP, AR, cash management, and payroll functions. This position will help create and implement controls to safeguard the company while driving process improvements to establish a more efficient work environment. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead monthly close process, which includes: perform and review journal entries, account reconciliations, consolidation, prepare monthly financial statements, and variance analysis
- Manage and support daily accounting tasks associated with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, and cash flow activities.
- Ongoing review of close processes, accounting policies, procedures and internal controls. Along with Assisting in development and implementation of new procedures and policies to increase efficiency in the business.
- Assist with annual budgets, quarterly re-forecasts, and cash flow forecasts
- Support annual tax return preparation by 3rd party accountants
- Ensure timely filing of federal, state, and local returns; such as 1099?s, sales & use taxes, bottle recycling fees and property taxes. Ensure tax payments are made on a timely basis
- Manage all business licenses and permits for each entity and location. Ensure all payments and renewals are made on a timely manner
- Special projects and analyses as required along with any other job-related activities as requested
- Bachelor's Degreerequired
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in supervisory role in general accounting/finance, including in-depth understanding of the month-end close process.
- Experience in accounting at a retail company and cost accounting a plus
- Proficient in Excel, QuickBooks, and integrated accounting software programs
- Solid understanding of GAAP; knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Proficient in English, both in verbal and written word
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidential company information in the strictest of confidence.