This role will be structured around strategic transactions, corporate accounting opinions/briefs affecting company wide decisions, and financialreporting and technical research relating to SEC filings.
Exposure to Capital Markets, SEC Reporting, Loan Accounting, Insurance Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Policy/Technical Accounting, SOX and other key functions.
- Support the accounting considerations related to various strategic transactions and analysis conducted by various operating functions within the Company including FP&A department and Capital Markets group.
- Transaction analysis including strategic accounting such as securitizations, acquisitions and business combinations, and working closely with corporate accounting colleagues and financial leaders
- Produce technical accounting research position papers for management across all layers of the company to support recommendations or suggest changes to current projects
- Interact and coordinate with external auditors to address technical issues
- Interpret and implement new accounting standards
- Develop, challenge, and implement new corporate accounting policies/procedures
- Generation of ad hoc reports and decision briefs based upon technical accounting issues translatable to a broad audience
- Review and research financialreporting matters related to SEC reporting
- Experience generating reports utilizing technical research and writing skills will be crucial to the success of any individual in this position
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an accounting/accounting policy/financial policy department with SEC reporting functions preferred
- Public Accountingexperience with a national or large regional firm
- Exceptional technical research and writing skills
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues