We offer a total compensation and benefits package to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow. Pinnacle values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At Pinnacle, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line, and we are committed to making Pinnacle an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
The Accounting Manager is a critical leader who oversees, develops, and coaches an accounting team within the Association Management Division. The position works closely with the Accounting Team, Regional Property Managers, and clients, and may take direction from the Director of Operations of the Association Division. The Accounting Manager exercises discretion and independent judgment as a team leader, while working collaboratively with the Association Division Executive Team to execute department initiatives. The position is responsible for the overall accounting operations and client financial reporting for the Association Management Division. A successful Accounting Manager ensures the profitability targets of Pinnacle are achieved, ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting to the client, and fosters healthy and productive relationships among department and company team members as well as the client.
The Accounting Manager will use sound judgment and due diligence in executing the following responsibilities:
- Leads, manages, retains, and develops a team of Accountants, including coaching, counseling, and performance reviews. Ensures performance standards are met, retention is achieved, and career development milestones are realized.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the work completed by the team members on their respective accounting team.
- Provides supervision, direction, and support to Accountants for all properties within assigned team/client portfolio(s) to ensure activity is recorded and reports are prepared in agreement with client requirements and the applicable accounting principles.
- Maintains an open relationship with the client to ensure financial reporting needs are met.
- Works closely with the asset management group to obtain information on acquisitions and dispositions within assigned portfolio(s). Provides guidance to accountants to ensure setups and disposition accounting are performed in accordance with the Property Management Agreement.
- Conducts weekly team meetings to disseminate information related to department and company initiatives, and conducts portfolio-specific meetings as needed.
- Reviews staff KPIs for assigned team on a monthly basis to ensure expectations are being met.
- Meets with the each team member at least monthly to discuss performance, goal achievement, and challenges.
- Recognizes and rewards right behavior in others and addresses inappropriate behavior or ethical breaches.
- Meets with the Director of Operations at least monthly to discuss client relationships, employee matters, department issues, and any other material topics.
- Participates in the recruiting, hiring, training, development, and coaching of Client Reporting team members.
- Collaborates with the Director of Operations in the development and implementation of office policies and accounting procedures, as needed.
- Performs the duties of other team members (in their absence), as necessary.
- Exercises professionalism and uses caution when engaging team members or other business associates during business hours, company-sponsored events, and personal time.
- Supports and enforces company and accounting policies as well as all applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
- Conducts a 2nd Level Review of financial statements as assigned using a risk based approach to determine if financial information is reasonable and reliable.
- Oversees the financial reporting requirements for specific client portfolios and disseminates information accordingly.
- Monitors team financial reporting stats to ensure timely reporting to clients as well as accurate dissemination of financial reporting stats to upper management.
- Reviews 3rd party audit findings for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual attendance, and timely reports any tardiness, attendance issues and disciplinary issues of direct reports to immediate supervisor.
- Performs special projects and research as assigned.
- Supports and enforces internal controls established by the department and company, and discloses any weaknesses relating to such controls or the lack thereof.
- Promotes and applies quality measures and standards within all areas of responsibility to support the company's mission, vision, and core values, and instills such standards among team members.
- Exercises professional skepticism in analyzing financial information in an effort to mitigate or detect fraudulent activity.
- Oversees the timely payment of all critical payments for assigned portfolio(s) including, but not limited to, utilities, property taxes, property insurance, and owner distributions.
- Monitors and approves timecards to ensure accuracy and minimal overtime within respective team.
- Provides guidance to accounting team in the review of Property Management Agreements for billable services.
- Continually seeks to identify innovative strategies for increasing department efficiencies and reducing expenses.
- Engages Human Resources, Risk Management, and Legal to protect the interests of the firm related to all potential or actual litigation against Pinnacle.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- An analytical background with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment relative to the timeliness, recognition, and classification of transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- A functional understanding of current accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
- Consistently exhibits strong ethics, executive presence, professionalism, and confidence, as well as a positive attitude toward company, department, and team members.
- Ability to effectively manage people and coordinate efforts among an assigned team to meet financial reporting requirements.
- Inclination to delegate and assign tasks or workload to challenge or stretch individual skills and engage employees fully.
- Strong interpersonal skills to successfully inspire, motivate, empower and lead direct or indirect reports in alignment with the mission, vision, and core values of the company and department.
- Ability to provide professional support for an assigned team and cultivate value, trust, and positive relations among team and individuals.
- Skilled at formal and informal training and coaching others for professional growth.
- Aptitude to recognize strengths, challenges, diversity and emotional states of others and self, and effectively manage with consideration and sensitivity to such factors.
- Capacity to understand and resolve conflicts by utilizing varying approaches including accommodation, assertiveness, or compromise, while displaying impartiality to all team members.
- Flexibility to modify or shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve, while exhibiting focus and positivity amidst change or under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and accountability.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to recognize problems early and produce prompt resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks as well as shift focus or multitask when appropriate.
- Capable of working within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while generating timely results.
- Ability to discover, understand and meet the needs of clients in a timely manner.
- Integrity, objectivity, and accountability in performing assigned duties.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Diplomacy to develop and preserve positive relations with clients and team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other comparable business-related degree
- Minimum of four years of general ledger experience
- Management and industry-related experience is preferred