The Accounting Manager assists the Director(s) of Accounting with all facets of general accounting and financial reporting. This position has direct contact with senior leadership, and under the direction of the above, has substantial oversight responsibility for all aspects of accounting operations.
• Manages accounting processes, including journal entry preparation and approval, account reconciliations, month-end close procedures, and consolidations.
• Proactively monitors and operates a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley or similar requirements.
• Prepares technical accounting memos and presents them to senior management and auditors.
• Collaborates with other departments to support budget and forecast activities and to implement company initiatives.
• Maintains chart of accounts and master data structure within our ERP Systems.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position is directly responsible for managing up to 5 non-supervisory associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, training associates; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Cultivates, pursues and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. In addition, set forth below is a non-exhaustive list of requirements that are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform this position. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Fifth year college or university program certificate; and a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in the accounting profession. A Bachelor's (B.A.) degree or higher in Business Administration, Financial Accounting, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred. Recent public accounting experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
• Ability to work extra hours as needed to support the financial close.
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and internal controls, including ASC 606 and ASC 842.
• Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management.
• Superb attention to detail and strong planning and organization skills with concern for quality and deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.