Are you a passionate accounting manager seeking a more well-rounded work environment? We are seeking a service-minded candidate who takes pride in their work and wants to give back to their local community. If this sounds like you then keep reading!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of the general ledger accounting team that includes, but is not limited to, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and procedures, performing complex various accounting functions, supervising the accounting and reporting system activities, and preparing accurate financial transactions postings and financialreports.
Accounting & Finance Responsibilities
- Aggregates and provides information to support financialaudits and internal/external audits as required.
- Designs and develops requiredreports for reporting and analyzing actual financial results.
- Manages the corporate forecasting process.
- Executes and manages the management incentive plan.
- Prepares and supervises the preparation of complete and accurate account reconciliations.
- Completes accounting duties in an effective and efficient manner that will ensure financial accounts are accurate and complete. Ensures accounts are stated in accordance with company policy.
- Monitors records of the accounts and ensures financial results are reflected accurately and completely.
- Aggregates and supports key financial information used in the Company?s monthly internal reporting, and quarterly and annual external reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements and incorporates these requirements in accounting activities.
- Reconciles and fully analyzes financial statements in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Functions as an expert to provide guidance and direction to the internal customer organization. Where appropriate, explains how accounting estimates are derived in assigned areas.
- Authors and maintains content of various financial accounting policies.
- Prepares and provides quarterly variance explanations to management.
- Management Responsibilities
- Trains, mentors, coaches and evaluates the progress of the department?s personnel.
- Assists the team in continuing to leverage existing technology and accounting knowledge to increase department efficiency, streamline the monthly close process, and improve Financial Accounting processes.
- Supports the project teams with forecasting and budget models
- Plans, schedules, and manages work of the general ledger team accounting unit within the established accounting policies of the organization. Ensures staff adheres to policies and procedures set by management and coordinates the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Manages the month-end financial close process including the reviewing of journal entries created by staff accountants.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Minimum 5 yearsexperience managing a team.
- Demonstrated success in hiring, engaging and developing teams.
- Thorough knowledge of company accounting policies and generally accepted accounting (GAAP) principles.
- Strong analytical skills for monitoring accounting records and resolving accounting problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial data.
- Pass comprehensive background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, vendors and team members and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)