Broadscope is seeking an organized and highly motivated individual for the position of Accounting Manager. Candidates must have an accounting degree, a minimum of 7 years of private equity fund administration experience and supervisory experience. An advanced degree and/or a CPA are desired.
An Accounting Manager interacts with all levels of Broadscope personnel, with clients and with client fund investors. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, as well as, strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, perform well under pressure, have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be client service oriented. An Accounting Manager leads a Broadscope client team to support the day-to-day business processes of various client sponsored investment funds.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Actively manage day-to-day client relationships as the principal liaison with clients internal finance function or administrative partner, supervise a team of Senior accountants and Staff accountants, and manage workflow in order to meet established timetables and deadlines
- Ensure team complies with all Broadscope accounting policies and control procedures
- Review client investment related legal documents and investment accounting entries for complex transactions including: portfolio purchases and sales, portfoliovaluation adjustments, waterfall calculations and recurring investment income accruals
- Maintain knowledge of accounting rules and reporting requirements pertaining to investment funds and registered investment advisors and ensure such rules are appropriately applied
- Review and approve quarterly and annual financial work paper packages, reconciliations of accounting activity, ensure accurate and timely quarterly and year-end closings. Review and approve quarterly and annual financial statements for accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Oversee new hire training and performance review process
- Review and approve periodic fund calculations including, capital calls, management fees, investor income allocations and distributions
- Coordinate and manage the year-end audit and tax process; and serve as primary point of contact with clients audit and tax firms. Review and approve annual tax workpaper packages
- Review and approve drafts of various communications to clients and investment fund investors
- Plan, communicate and work efficiently with Investor Services Group to ensure deadlines are met
- Provide recommendations to management regarding operating efficiencies and systems development