Responsible for overseeing the full cycle accounts payable and payroll functions.
Payroll Function: Manage timely and accurate processing of global payroll cycles. Partner with ADP to process and review US and international payrolls and partner with Human resources to ensure payroll is processed accurately and in compliance with statutory regulations. Improve and scale existing payroll systems and processes in a high growth company.
AP Function: Oversee and manage global procurement and accounts payable activities, including invoice, credit card, expense report processing, purchase order management, monthly AP close, and compliance with policies and procedures. Continue to develop scalable and automate accounts payable process.
- Perform daily payroll department operations and manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely for the US and UK offices.
- Coordinate, reconcile and review payroll processed by ADP.
- Understand proper taxation and deduction for compliance with the Fed, State and UK regulations.
- Manage quarterly and annual payroll tax returns and other compliance reports for Fed, State and UK.
- Prepare and post payroll journal entries to the general ledger, reconcile monthly/quarterly/annual payroll expenses to the 941's and general ledger.
- Review and reconcile payroll deductions and contributions such as 401k, HSA, FSA, medical against bank statements, and custodian/record-keeping statements.
- Design and implement best practices to our existing payroll process.
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed.
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable functions for the US and UK companies, including invoice & vendor contract review, coding, securing of approvals, purchase order creation, payment for all business expenses including employee expense reimbursements. Supervise AP Specialists to ensure these activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Manage team of 2 highly skilled accounts payable specialists.
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners/vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries.
- Identify process improvements and new approaches to automate and scale existing AP process in Netsuite.
- Review Accounts Payable and related accruals reconciliations.
- Hire, train, evaluate, lead and develop staff.
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting, special projects and other duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in full-cycle accounts payable
- Minimum 2 years of experience processing international and multi-state payroll
- Minimum 3 years of managing staff
- Effective time management, work prioritization and delegation skills
- Reliability with strong work ethics
- Maturity and professionalism to handle confidential data
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skill, attention to detail
- Experience utilizing NetSuite, Expensify, ADP strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel
- Experience in technology industry preferred.