We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team in the Wilton office, reporting into our Director of Accounting. This person will work very closely with the Director and the VP, Controller, on all accounting tasks and deliverables. We are looking for someone who has a strong ability to multi-task with attention-to-detail, initiative, and follow-through, as well as someone who is able to work effectively as part of a team to meet aggressive deadlines. This person will be responsible for establishing strong working relationships with business partners to ensure that expenses are appropriately reported each month.
- Manage the Retail commission’s payment process.
- Manage and lead month end close deliverables.
- Review and approve month end journal entries.
- Review and approve Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Manage quarterly and annual tax filings as well as regulatory filings as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Collaborate with Accounting team and auditors to complete quarterly and year-end financialaudits and Sarbanes-Oxley Testing.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested.
- Supervise Staff/Senior Accountants
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience preferably with a Consumer Products Company or Media Advertising
- General Technical Accountingexperience is a must
- 1-3 years public experience is a plus
- Excel (including use of pivot tables), Oracle, Essbase/Smartview, and Hyperion a plus