A world-renowned Media company is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team for a long term consulting opportunity. They have leading assets in the music, film, marketing, and advertising space. This role is located in the heart of the mid-town with beautiful offices in a luxury highrise. This is a great platform for those seeking to work with a reputable company while enhancing their managerial skills.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Manage day-to-day accounting policy/principle issues.
- Ongoing review of accounting policies and processes; assist in research, development, and implementation of new or updated company policies and processes. Especially ASC606 and ASC842.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and analyses, including the Statement of Cash Flows and Balance Sheet.
- Cash flow forecasting, including variance analysis and bridge to EBITDA.
- Review and approval of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reports.
- Great Plains Dynamics experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of seven years' experience, media/entertainment background preferred; including at least two years of audit in a public accounting firm.
- Strong communication skills; Service oriented, flexible and creative.
- Accuracy, attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, motivated and positive attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP systems.