Consumer Electronics/Consumer Products Start-Up
New York City
Our client, a super-hot, well funded, venture-backed, global Start-Up based out of downtown NYC is disrupting the wearables market with their game-changing line of fitness devices. They are looking for a top-notch accounting manager to join their team. If you want to work for an exciting, successful global tech company with a leading-edge product then we want to talk to you!
As the Accounting Manager you will lead the full-cycle accounting processes as well as the management of a small team. A background including solid GAAP accounting experience, working with a consumer technology or product company is ideal.
Compensation: Salary $90K-$110K (based on experience/prior earnings) with some flexibility. Plus, Equity and Comprehensive benefits and 401K .
· Manage small accounting team
· General ledger management
· Revenue recognition, expense management, full AP/AR
· Manage full cycle order-to-cash process and banking operations
· Develop and manage financial controls including documented system of accounting policies and procedures and workflow improvements.
· Accurate and timely month/quarterly/yearly closings
· Own the annual audit process.
· 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably with consumer technology or manufacturing experience- CPA a PLUS
· Strong US GAAP and International Operations experience-
· Excellent NetSuite and Excel skills
· Prior experience in a fast paced, start-up environment
· Must be prepared to work in-office, full time (This is NOT a remote position)
Reports to: CFO
Education: Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or Economics, CPA strongly preferred.