Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for analyzing the month-end close, assisting with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financials, ensuring the integrity of internal reporting, financial statement preparation and analysis, and variance analysis. The accounting manager must have a good understanding of the budget process and data collection.
The Accounting Manager will be an engaging manager of both employees and processes, and be able to resolve accounting issues with the business and other members of the administrative team.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial close process
- Oversee the daily accounting process
- Review journal entries prepared by the accounting staff
- Review various reconciliations prepared by the accounting staff
- Manage a staff accountant; provide supervision and guidance to their daily responsibilities
- Provide feedback on performance of stated goals via annual performance appraisals
- Prepare/assist in the review of the monthly reporting packages required for submission to parent company
- Ensure integrity and adequacy of the Company's financial systems
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of schedules in connection with the annual audit
- Assist with documentation of process and internal control testing
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Perform ad-hoc account analyses and other departmental tasks as necessary
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong systems skills that include advanced Excel and a working knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools; Great Plains and Management Reporter (formerly FRx) experiencedesired
- Hands-on leadership and supervisory style that promotes a work environment focused on results, deadlines, and continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team with other members of the accounting and administrative teams
- B.S. in Accounting
- 4-6 years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience with inventory management a plus, but not required
- Governmental accounting experience a plus, but not required
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel requirement, such as:
- Some minor travel may be required
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Working hours. The employee may be required to work evenings and weekends during certain peak times such as month-end, quarter-end and year-end.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Tracking Code 3201-758