Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works with a tax attorney to ensure corporate taxes are prepared in a timely manner
- Works with the bank to ensure quarterly covenant compliance reporting is provided.
- Prepare complex journal entries and ensure the timely monthly closing of corporate financials.
- Prepare and review monthly and annual financial statements.
- Track and prepare a written summary of major variances from budget and opportunities for improvement on a monthly basis.
- Manage Accounts Payable to include review of vendor invoices and timely payments to vendors.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset schedules and depreciation.
- Supervise the annual workers compensation insurance audit of payroll information.
- Prepare and reconcile city and property tax statements.
- Maintain debt schedule for all company loans and capital leases.
- Ensure financialreporting is in compliance with GAAP.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university with a Business and/or Accounting degree; or 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years prior experience in a supervisory role in an accounting position within a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experience with various inventory management and order processing software applications is preferred.
- Experience with VIP software a plus.
- Competitive salary with bonus structure
- Full array of health and wellness benefits 401(k) with profit sharing
- Great culture and work environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory management and order processing software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- VIP Accounting software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Working in a manufacturing or distribution company: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory/Management in an accounting position: 2 years (Required)