Position at Residential & Renovation The Accounting Manager will drive effective and accurate financial processes for the Residential & Renovation division, adhering to the ITW policies, controls and GAAP. Support the divisional leaders with forecasting, reporting and analysis needs. Understand and champion ITW business philosophies for accounting and reporting activities. Lead the financial analysis and forecasting processes. Manage the accounting, receivable and payable teams and support their responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of business and financial information in compliance with ITW policies and GAAP. Develop and maintain financialreporting processes that exceed audit requirements.
- Ensure documentation and monitoring of internal controls in accordance with ITW policies.
- Provide operational analysis (cost, controls, etc.) to facilitate accurate decisions and strategies.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close requirements and consolidation procedures including the management and diligent review of the accounting staff’s work.
- Manage and lead the payables, receivables and accounting functions for a division with a high volume of customer and vendor transactions.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information (plan, actual results, and outlook) to key stakeholders with in-depth knowledge of highlights and variances.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests.
- Support Division Controller and leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives, including the annual operating plan, long range strategic plans, capital investments and other ad hoc projects.
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals.
- Other duties as assigned which may include analysis and reporting on acquisition, divestiture or restructuring projects.
- Bachelordegree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA and/or Master’s degree in a business field required
- 8+ years of accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financialreports, statements and projections.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 2years) managing a direct staff of accounting professionals
- An intelligent professional with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills who can relate to all people at all levels.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated accountability for results and understanding of the financial impact of decisions
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and BI systems, Microsoft Office software
The majority of time will be spent in a quiet office environment. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in the manufacturing and distribution facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel.