Job title: Accounting Manager
Job type: Full Time
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Location: San Francisco, CA
Skills: External Audit, MS Office
Experiencerequired: 3 Years
Relocation assistance: Yes
You will Work alongside our Fortune 1 clients and complete important finance and accounting work of critical strategic significance. Invest your time in tackling unique, challenging and one-of-a-kind projects inside the walls of the nation's largest companies.
Initial Public Offering (IPO) readiness, mergers and acquisitions, carve-out.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Undergraduatedegree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, or progress towards, is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of strong accounting experience. This includes at least 2-3+ busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm servicing large clients ($500M-$3B+ in revenues).
- Corporate accounting and/or finance experience at a large public corporation is a plus but not required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) rules and standards.
- Strong computer desktop skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., macros, pivot tables, etc.) desirable.
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability.
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles.
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers.
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients.
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the local office and Firm overall.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and belief in the opportunities that My client offers.
- Interest and passion to get involved in other professional experiences such as Business Development and Recruiting.
My client is a leading Professional Services firm focused on providing Fortune 1 clients support in a variety of areas within technical, strategic and operational accounting, including but not limited to:
- SEC & Regulatory Reporting
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Technical Accounting Research
- Revenue Recognition
- Transaction Services such as M&A, carve-outs, divestures, IPO readiness, etc.
Their unique model allows its employees to gain a greater clarity around their career goals in a shorter time as compared to working in corporate accounting by exposing them to various areas of accounting, software’s and environments. This allows their team members to build their skill sets tremendously in preparation for their future roles while figuring out what they do and don’t like in corporate accounting before committing to a long-term career within industry. They offer…
- Better work/life balance – 1. Choose your travel (and get paid extra) or don’t travel at all! 2. Average work week is 49 hours/week. 3. Service one client at a time for an average of 6-9 months.
- Outstanding incentives - Most employees earn more than 50% of their base salary in incentives!
- Phenomenal personal/professional development opportunities
- A fun & fair work culture
- Challenging projects working alongside talented, Fortune 1 leaders