Life360 is looking for an Accounting Manager who will support the Controller and be responsible for managing general accounting activities including journal entry posting, account reconciliations, month-end close process, accounts payable processing, payroll processing, travel and expense report processing, preparation of financial reports and analysis of results.
The candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), familiarity with internal and external reporting, and comfort in the development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures. The candidate will exhibit the highest degree of professional standards and ethical principles. Other attributes we value and are seeking in this candidate include a strong work ethic, ability to work independently, orientation toward output, consistent performance along with demonstrating a sense of urgency and commitment to team objectives.
This role will report directly to the Corporate Controller and will function as a founding member of the accounting team. While this is an individual contributor (IC) role at the outset, we are looking for a candidate who possesses the skill set required to manage a team of employees.
Are you excited by the idea of joining a high-growth, mobile-centric, freemium consumer company with >23 million MAU and is at the forefront of big data and location services technologies? This is the perfect role for someone ready to transition away from public accounting, or those looking for the next step in their accounting career. The learning curve will be steep and the pace furious, but the long-term rewards will be plentiful.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of month-end close process including month-end journal entries and GL reconciliations
- Oversee and manage accounts receivable and accounts payable processing
- Review and perform monthly, quarterly, annual flux analyses
- Contribute to the preparation and review of financial reporting packages, various management reports and other ad hoc analyses
- Assist with reconciliations for equity and stock-based compensation
- Ensure that accounting process documentation is maintained in a consistent and timely manner
- Participate in the research, interpretation and application of technical accounting matters, including coordinating with external consultants in the authoring of memos
- Support the Controller in evaluating, formalizing, and implementing accounting policies and procedures
- Contribute to strengthening internal controls related to financial reporting
- Assist with the annual audit, including preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Collaborate in the evaluation and implementation of systems to improve accuracy, increase timeliness, and deliver internal efficiency.
- Support the Controller in building out the finance and accounting team.
Experiences required for success in this role include:
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience and preferably 2 years of experience managing a team
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Active CPA or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong technical accounting skills along with confidence in writing accounting memos and preparing financial statements
- Proficiency with Netsuite and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Work and PowerPoint)
- Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where cadence and output are priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels across all divisions of the company
- Proactive, assertive and possess a creative approach to problem solving
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.