The Accounting Manager will manage accounting duties to record, classify, examine, and analyze accounting transactions to ensure accurate and complete financial information. This position reports directly to the Controller.
This position can be hired at a Level 4 or Level 5 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger records.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, including but not limited to cash, investments, prepaid expenses, fixed and intangible assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, unbilled revenue and inter-company accounts.
- Prepare and review reconciliations, prepare month-end close and reporting packages, prepare journal entries as needed, and perform variance analyses, management presentations and track and report on various metrics
- Perform monthly and quarterly control procedures.
- Reconcile payroll and benefits invoices and post to the general ledger.
- Maintain proper support and organization for transactions to supportinternal and external audits, including internal controls compliance.
- Ensure Accounting Corporate and Division deadlines are adhered to.
- Prepare and file local compliance returns.
- Manage external and internal audits.
- Research and resolve discrepancies with a focus on automation and process improvement.
- Develop, interpret and ensure the consistent application of financial policies.
- Be able to learn, adapt to and assist where needed in system implementations and upgrades.
- Prepare ad-hocreports and various cost-related analyses upon request.
- Responsible for SOX controls and narratives related to role and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with team members and other coworkers and clients.
- Apply an understanding of accounting principles in the analysis of financial data.
- Perform additional related assignments as needed.
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a government contracting background.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Intermediate Microsoft Word skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information into systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information and vendor files.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and to deploy where needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to exercise discretion using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that strives for excellence.
- Excellent planning, time management and organization skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong working knowledge of government contract types, billing types and requirements, and contract closeout requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Deltek CostPoint.
- Experience with Deltek T&E and/or Cognos a plus.
- Experience with HFM Hyperion a plus.
- Experience in other areas of accounting a plus.
- Experience with SOX regulations and compliance a plus.
- Knowledge of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS) and agency specific regulations.
- Willingness to learn and grow.