Manage daily operational finance and accounting functions with staff of six in the areas of customer credit and order releasing, invoicing, credit card processing, cash receipts and application, collections, accounts payable and disbursements, payroll, intercompany transactions, and related accounting.
- Oversee monthly closing process by both preparing and reviewing account analyses and journal entries in the areas of airtime revenue and cost, contracted engineering services, cash, accounts receivable and related reserves, intercompany activity, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, leasing, accounts payable, accruals, deferred revenue, and debt.
- Lead accounting process improvement in areas of functional responsibility including shortening the monthly closing process by reviewing the current processes and implementing the necessary process efficiencies.
- Promote and maintain an effective internal control environment over functional areas of responsibility to ensure internal controls are documented and performed as designed.
- Critically analyze and manage accounting processes within the department as well as in collaboration with business process owners (such as Sales and Service) for accuracy, control, and process optimization.
- Implement accounting and related processes to support new business offerings and business growth.
- Support the Consolidation and Reporting team with external quarterly reviews, external annual audit and SOX audit requirements in areas of functional responsibility.
- Provide support for tax and SEC filings, as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, CPApreferred.
- At least 5-6 years in accounting roles (additional years of experience a plus) with progressive responsibility, public accounting experiencepreferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to comply with US GAAP.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and manage a team.
- Strong leadership, project management, prioritization and strategic planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, self-motivated and proactive work ethic.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financialtroubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player; comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.
- Working knowledge of information technology with an appreciation for how it can support accounting functions.