The Accounting Manager is responsible for the management of accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing and inventory personnel as well as month end close, financial reporting, business tax filings, corporate audits and financial and operational analysis to achieve operational excellence and maximum profitability
Experience: 8 to 10 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of Accounting Department personnel handling accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoice/billing, cash receipts, customer credits and collections and perpetual inventory integrity in order to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and supporting ledgers in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for effective and efficient reporting and analysis.
- Close the financial records each month accurately and according to a predetermined schedule. Meets monthly close deadlines 100% of the time.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly close in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare monthly management reporting and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget / Forecast / Prior Year vs. Actual” variance reports. Follow-up and document significant variances.
- Verifying and recording monthly sales commission payments for employees and outside representatives.
- Prepare the annual budget and periodic forecasts in conjunction with the management team.
- Respond to inquiries from corporate team, auditors and business management team regarding financial results, transactions and special requests as required. Maintain financial security by adhering to established internal controls. Observe strict confidentiality of all sensitive company information.
- Participate in cross-department meetings and provide financial perspective to operational and strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for compiling, preparing and submitting sales tax returns in several states.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting business licenses.
- Perform vendor and customer reconciliations when needed.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to accounting processes ensuring that practices are efficient, effective, and support the overall goals of the organization.
- Evaluate current processes and internal controls, both within the accounting group as well as interfaces with other Company departments and recommend and drive process and control improvements.
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Supervise, coach, and develop employees performing accounting activities.
- Contribute to special projects as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned by VP or General Manager.
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Financial Management
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Managing Others
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Planning & Organizing
- Learning & Development
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Results Oriented
Education and/or Experience
BA/BS in Accounting with at least 7 years’ experience in accounting and financial reporting which demonstrated progressive levels of responsibility and at least 3 to 4 years supervisory experience
Other Required Skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, laws and statutes
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, etc.) and Intermediate Word & Outlook skills;
- Prefer NAV Dynamics (Navision) experience
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Experience maintaining a high-level of confidentiality and ethical performance
- Take initiative to ensure all necessary work is handled efficiently and accurately
- Strong Analytic and Problem-Solving Skills