Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and review quarterly and annual financial statements.
2. Prepare general ledger journal entries and maintain accuracy of general ledger of assigned companies.
3. Review general ledger journal entries and maintain accuracy of general ledger.
3. Monitor changes in General Accepted Accounting Principles and determine appropriate action.
4. Review and approve journal entries related to the recording of fixed asset additions, disposals, and asset transfers.
5. Prepare monthly capital expenditures report.
6. Compute and record monthly book and tax depreciation expense of assigned companies.
7. Prepare ad hoc reports/analyses as required.
8. Prepare and provide financial work papers and schedules to external auditors of assigned companies.
1. Prepare income tax return work papers for external accountants of assigned companies.
2. Prepare state apportionment calculations of assigned companies.
3. Review monthly sales and net receipts tax returns, annual personal property tax returns, and other required returns.
4. Prepare annual personal property tax returns and other required returns of assigned companies.
1. Calculate and review daily cash position reports and monitor daily investment of excess funds.
2. Review reconciliations of bank accounts to general ledger and maintain log.
3. Prepare, review, and approve bank wire and account cash transfers.
4. Communicate with bank representatives.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the senior and staff accountants.
2. Administer annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
3. Comply with all personnel and procedural policies of the company.
Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
Licenses and Certifications