- Manage monthly close process, including maintenance of detailed close calendar/checklist, and first level review of the monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for month end consolidations
- Primary reviewer of all balance sheet reconciliations, in accordance with established policies/procedures.
- Manage accounting department employees, including accounts payable, payroll and staff accountants
- Train and mentor accounting team members, providing feedback and coaching
- Responsible for monthly forecasting including interaction with department heads including top level executives
- An active team member in the annual budget process
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to streamline processes while ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Serve as a contact with external auditors for annual financial statement audits
- Oversee preparation of Sales & Use Tax returns and Property Tax returns.
- Research and resolve escalated accounting issues
- Various special projects and ad hoc analysis as assigned
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
- Three to seven years accounting experience, with at least two years of people management experience and/or management of an accounting team
- A fundamental understanding of GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Proven ability to train and coach staff
- Excellent organizational and planning skills: task prioritization and effective time management
- Strong writing, presentation and informal communication skills
- Ability to understand issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Comfortable working independently
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results with a variety of people and personalities
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on Excel.
- Prior experience using accounting software, experience with JD Edwards and/or Blackline preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.