At Kibo, we provide cloud commerce solutions inspired by our clients' needs and designed to empower their teams. Together, we can help them see further, think bigger, and climb higher.
Our software and services include eCommerce, Order Management, Personalization, and Mobile Point-of-Commerce. We serve retailers, manufacturers, and brands, and our solutions are designed to power the shopping experience – from first click to doorstep – and to scale with them as their business grows.
Kibo is looking to bring on a leader to our accounting team. This person will be responsible for ensuring accurate account reconciliation, journal entries, and consistent compliance with US GAAP standards. The ideal candidate in this role is someone with strong technical accounting skills, is experience in accounting leadership, and enjoys working in a dynamic growing organization!
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Stay current on and provide communication related to technical & operational accounting guidelines.
- Ensure GAAP compliance. Lead new accounting rules implementation when applicable
- Review and approve journal entries to general ledger
- Propose accounting treatments and prepare journal entries for complex transactions
- Perform account reconciliation, review and approve account reconciliations prepared by direct reports.
- Provide coaching, training, and development to direct reports. Provide staff evaluations and corrective actions where required.
- Drive for process improvements to reduce month end closing lead time while maintaining high level accuracy
- Prepare requested schedules and reports for financial audits, tax audits and other compliance audits.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns and regulatory reporting
- Perform other ad hoc analytical assignments as requested.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related Required; MBA/MS of Accounting Preferred
- CPA Certification a huge plus
- 6+ years of accounting experience with 3+ years in accounting leadership strongly preferred
- Strong and broad experience in accounting and ability to apply strong US GAAP knowledge to business scenarios
- Experience in Enterprise Software or SaaS environments a plus
- Experience with big 10 accounting firm as well as enterprise accounting responsibilities in a corporate setting a plus
- Strong technical accounting skills with advanced Excel knowledge/skills
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization
- A proven track record of performance, where timelines are achieved, and deadlines are consistently met – detail oriented and driven to succeed