Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Position Summary The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financialreporting. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position oversees a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financialreporting, year--end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Participates in annual audits and special projects. May work with external consultants or auditors to provide required information and ensure proper recordkeeping for historical purposes. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Duties & Responsibilitie:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financialreporting and general ledger structure.
- Consistently applyGAAP and objective accounting judgment to contractual agreements and company policy.
- Ensure the integrity of internal financialreporting and preparation of location income statements.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ascertain whether company assets are properly accounted for and safeguarded from loss.
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Establish, modify, document and control implementation of accounting policies and control procedures.
- Respond to inquiries for financial results and special reporting requests.
- Supervise employees to ensure all financialreporting deadlines are met.
- Meet with direct reports on a regular basis to communicate company information including new initiatives, financial performance, goals, objectives, benchmarks and best practices.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Manage Direct reports through coaching, feedback, recognition and performance management.
- Complete other tasks/projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field preferred.
- 5-10 years' knowledge of general ledger, financial statements, and monthly analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.