Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we’re the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; we employ over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 31 locations. AFS is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries—such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You’ll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
- Supervise, coordinate, and when necessary, perform activities of the general and cost accounting staff
- Work with the Controller to plan, develop and establish accounting policies and objectives
- Establish, modify and coordinate implementation of SOX compliant accounting practices and accounting control procedures
- Provide hands-on resolution of accounting issues.
- Train staff as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Organized and systematic approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 6+ years of accounting experience in manufacturing
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Accounting or Finance, from an accredited institution
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with SOX assessment tools, audit and tax packages
- Strong knowledge of inventory systems, cost accounting, general accounting, financialreporting, budgeting, forecasting, and manufacturing systems from a Cost perspective