Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the job
Jet is seeking a corporate operational accountant who is a team player at heart – someone who appreciates the value of building relationships and partnering with cross-functional teams to develop solutions to support the business and foster an environment striving for continuous improvement and growth. The role will report to the Director of Accounting. In this role, you will be empowered to drive efficiency in our day-to-day accounting activities and our month end financial close process as well as develop and implement new processes and systems.
- Drive continuous improvements in the company’s accounting processes and systems as well as financial and business controls.
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities, which includes, but is not limited to, ensuring invoices are accurately recorded in the AP subledger with proper approval as well as support and payments are remitted in accordance with payment terms.
- Prepare month end reconciliations for assigned accounts; follow up on reconciling items, resolve problems and clear issues in a timely manner. Assigned accounts may include:
- Prepaid expenses
- Accounts receivable
- Fixed assets
- Sales reserves
- Employee benefit liabilities
- Intercompany positions
- Liaise with other departments to obtain information relevant for accounting.
- Assist with the design and implementation of an effective internal control environment.
- Lead, manage and develop junior team members.
- Support finance and other business partners as needs arise, including ad-hoc analyses and projects.
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance.
- 3-6 years of practical accounting experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Highly organized with utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities and deliverables under the pressure of deadlines with composure.
- Self-starter; works independently and exhibits high degree of motivation, bias for action and a passion for innovation.
- Unfazed by the challenges of developing systems and processes from scratch.
- Public accounting experience
- Experience using ERP accounting software packages, specifically Microsoft products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel – i.e. functions such as SUMIFS, VLOOKUP or INDEX, IF-THEN logical statements and experience working with large volume of data.
- Experience using SQL Server