Supervise all aspects of the daily operations of the department, including journal entry approval, account reconciliations, inventory and shrink reporting to various business partners, review and analysis of significant inventory and warranty reserves and providing guidance to IT on initiatives impacting inventory tracking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY SKILLS
May include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide analysis for Accounting management and business unit teams regarding margin lines such as shrink and defective expense and guide the team in preparing appropriate accruals.
- Perform analytical reviews and interpretation of financial data and provides understandable explanations to non-financial business partners.
- Produce reports for Logistics, Store Operations, and Asset Protection teams, as well as other departments within the Store Support Center
- Approve journal entries and account reconciliations on a period basis according to established schedule. Assist in the preparation of detailed annual plans for shrink, defective expense, and inventory services
- Work with IT to provide requirements and testing support for projects impacting inventory tracking
- Provide guidance to business partners including Merchandising, Supply Chain and Store Operations regarding projects impacting inventory to avoid any negative accounting implications
Prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, internal and external auditors, and SOX requirements.
- Assist in quarterly reviews/year-end audits with internal and external auditors.
- Improve and maintain first class customer service to all stores, DCs and SSC business partners Identify and communicate all issues related to system performance to IT team, and work directly with the IT team to determine a resolution and test any program changes that may be required.
- Recommend and implement internal control procedures to protect the assets of the company.
- Manage the inventory close process within established deadlines to ensure accuracy of book inventory, inventory and warranty reserves and assigned margin lines
- Communicate timely and document Accounting policy and procedures and any process or policy changes impacting inventory
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners including Merchandising, Supply Chain, Store Operations, Asset Protection and IT
- Attract, develop and retain quality team members and complete performance reviews
- Train and/or ensuring adequate training plan is developed and adhered to of new and existing employees.
- Provide timely communications to team on company policies and procedures and departmental policies and procedures
- Assign and monitor the results of projects impacting inventory tracking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions..
- Advanced Microsoft Office, AS/400 (or comparable operating environment) and PeopleSoft (or comparable ERP) skills
- Ability to understand complex inventory systems, communication between systems and integration
- Strong analytical, organizational, conflict solving and negotiation skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to lead a team and work in conjunction with business partners
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations Must be able to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both an oral and written manner to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to top management and business partners
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and five to seven years related experience and/or training including 3 years of management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The manager should carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS