WE BRING THE WOW
ARE YOU READY TO BE A WOW MAKER!
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 5,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We connect people through exhibitions and live events by blending art and science to create exciting, compelling face-to-face marketing experiences. Our mission is to create the world’s most meaningful and memorable experiences for marketers, organizers and event attendees. We bring the “WOW” to everything we do.
Job Over View:
The candidate for this Accounting Manager, International opportunity must have the proven ability to research, reconcile and resolve complex accounting issues related to the Company's internatioinal accounting activity. This includes an ability to provide balance sheet and income statement variance analysis for multiple companies in multiple jurisdictions. Additionally, the candidate must be able to identify and resolve balance sheet account reconciliation issues, intercompany accounting issues, foreign currency including calculations of foreign exchange gain and loss, and be able to prepare consolidatingfinancial statements along with related eliminating entries.
To support the Shared Services accounting function with specific responsibility for our international entities through accountability and professional accounting skills to include:
- Review of formal financial monthly reporting to the parent from international entities ensuring accuracy, solid analytical review and timeliness to include review of international consolidation and inter/intra company eliminating entries.
- Oversight and maintenance of standard reporting and reconciliation processes for all international entities.
- Oversight of international reporting including HFM and Blackline expertise as a trainer and resource to our international team.
- Oversight of local accounting managers/personnel in the accounting close processes including but not limited to,
- ensuring month to month reporting flows accurately and timely through the close process
- close calendar maintenance with follow-up as a key priority regarding open issues
- providing recommendations and owning process improvement initiatives
- frequent communication with international team requiring work at office during non-standard times
- Blackline review and maintenance of all international accounts
- Addressing foreign currency translation
- Conduct research and provide GAAP and IFRS guidance as requested regarding international reporting.
- Assist with coordination of internal and external audit, to include project management skills, client prepared schedule review and preparation and follow-up with internal and external auditors on audit requirements.
- Review and/or prepare various account reconciliations supporting “should be” balance analysis through validation of account to internal management and external auditors.
- Provide necessary support for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance inquiries to include self assessment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 4 or more years experience within a public accounting company with auditexperience of companies with $500M to over $1B in revenues.
- Alternative to public accounting experience, 4 or more years experience working for companies with $500M to over $1B in revenues.
- Microsoft Office Suite working knowledge preferred (advanced Excel skills will be a significant help)
- Excellent behavior skills to include;
- lead by example – support vision of organization and promote core values,
- verbal, written and presentation communication skills,
- able to influence behavior of others without a direct reporting relationship
- able to teach and train with patience and clarity
- willing to provide mentorship roles to others throughout SSAG
- teamwork and diversity,
- interpersonal and customer service skills supporting ‘one team’
- analytical thinking,
- detailed-oriented with strong analytical skills; able to independently research and resolve issues
- organizational skills to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards in completeness and accuracy
- technical skills
- technical financial accounting and analytical skills
- solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- international accounting and intercompany accounting experiencerequired
- working knowledge of Oracle financials or other ERP financial systems preferred
- change management and process improvement
- accountability mindset with ability to support mentoring role with others throughout Shared Services
- demonstrated ability to analyze results to include presentation of findings and execution of change deemed necessary to promote improvement
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability.
Job ID 2018-12408