We are seeking an Accounting Manager to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close, including payroll, research and management of general business expenses including clinical costs are all fairly stated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and company’s accounting policies. The ideal candidate will have broad biotechnology, medical and/or pharmaceutical experience and have extensive experience working in ERP systems.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of process and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Manage all month-end close functions including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, supporting schedules and analyses as needed.
- Analyze and collect data to determine costs of all projects, including materials, labor costs and overhead.
- Assist with implementation of ERP system.
- Participate in any ERP projects and/or workshops.
- Enhance current accounting processes as the business grows.
- Collaborate with FP&A to evaluate new contracts, track and record actuals and accruals, and develop and implement improved processes to scale as the number and complexity of various business opportunities increase.
- Assist with the administration of executive compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentive programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience biotechnology, medical and/or pharmaceutical experience is highly valued.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word along with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work extended hours during peak periods as needed.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.