Why Work for IMERYS
By joining the Imerys team as the Accounting Manager, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions. You can be that person to make a significant contribution to the operation and grow into a larger role in a relatively short period of time.
What Does an Accounting Manager Do at IMERYS
- Oversee the timely and accurate recording of financial activity for the operation. Ensure that financialreporting is accurate, timely and can be relied on by external and internal users.
- Be the G/L Knowledge Owner for the operation.
What Is A Typical Day in the Life of an Accounting Manager with IMERYS
- Prepare monthly reporting schedules for reporting segments
- Prepare quarterly reporting schedules for legal entity, overall balance shett analytical review, and monthly journal entries to record financial data.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Set up and maintain general ledger posting controls in ERP system
- Assist Reporting & G/L Controller with monthly consolidation and supplemental schedules and with bridge between M's and Magnitude
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions, including intra-company transactions
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Monitor compliance with GAAP, IFRS and company procedures
- Communicate with operation personnel as well as with internal personnel concerning matters of Finance, A/R, A/P, Billing, Payroll, IT, Tax and Treasury
- Provide and prepare information for external audits on a semi-annual basis
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Perform other projects as requested by management.
- Bachelordegree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Five to seven years accounting/financialexperience
- CPA or CPA track, preferred
- Proven aptitude for financial and data analysis
- Experience in ERP systems/ AX preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Strong computer skills (Google Suite,Excel spreadsheets specifically)
- Ability to work effectively as a team and individually
- Strong communication/people skills
- Self starter who will use initiative for problem solving
- Leadership skills
REQ - 00827