This position is responsible for the integrity - accuracy and completeness - related to IFRS planning, accounting, and financialreporting of the Transamerica retirement benefit plans, including qualified pension plan, supplemental pension plans, and post retirement welfare plan, and of the Transamerica long term incentive compensation plan (LTIC), which are share based plans. In additional, this position is responsible for the analysis of the Transamerica healthcare reserve and determination of the appropriate level of year-end reserve balance.
- Lead accounting, reporting, and budgeting related to Transamerica’s Retirement Benefit Plans and Long-Term Share-Based Incentive Compensation Plan (LTIC)
- Define accounting practices for all retirement benefit plans and changes to practices based on revisions to IAS 19.
- Define accounting practices for all LTIC plans and changes to practices based on revisions or plan additions
- Provide and explain reporting for pension plan sensitivities related to hypothetical changes in economic conditions
- Provide reporting needs and timelines to external actuaries
- Define the accounting processes related to the plans and review for changes
- Coordinate year-end assumption setting and approval process.
- Review annual disclosure reports from external actuaries for accuracy and completeness
- Understand the Transamerica healthcare benefit plans in terms of plan design and impact to accounting
- Determination of annual current year forecast and next yearbudget expense
- Provide input to ad hoc questions from Transamerica management and from Aegon NV
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Eight years of experience, with degree.
- Understanding of investments, insurance products/premiums
- Understanding of IFRS and US GAAP accounting related to defined benefit plans
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer