Manage General Accounting and Sales and Use Tax departments.
Essential Job Functions
50% of time: This position will be responsible for managing all facets of the General Accounting department and its financial processes, including but not limited to:
- Manage timely and accurate completion of the month-end closing.
- Review and approve account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Provide detailed expense reporting including variance analysis and project reporting.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are recognized and reported on a timely basis in accordance with GAAP/FASB.
- Send monthly financials to parent company.
- Prepare quarterly competitive analysis report for executives.
- Oversee preparation of daily reporting and bank activities.
- Oversee preparation of certain yearly budget items.
20% of time: This position will be responsible for managing all facets of the Sales and Use Tax Department and its processes, including but not limited to:
- Manage timely and accurate completion of sales and use tax filing.
- Review and approves sales and use and related tax returns.
- Oversee all sales and use tax audits.
10% of time: People Management:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for staff.
- Set goals and monitors achievements.
- Evaluate performance and provide opportunities for professional growth.
- Ensure compliance with time and attendance policies and the timely submission of employee's time records to payroll.
10% of time: Review departmental and corporate policies and processes:
- Work closely with IT department to ensure that tax calculations in order processing system is correct.
- Work closely with IT and various other departments to ensure that system and corporate processes are accurate and effective.
- Analyze existing procedures and implement new procedures.
- Develop and administer accounting and sales and use tax policies and practices throughout the organization.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends by attending seminars and webinars and/or reading trade literature.
5 - 10% of time: Special projects as needed.
Connection, Inc. and its subsidiaries consider all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, sex (including pregnancy), color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by applicable state and federal law. Connection will consider accommodations for any known physical, mental, or other impairments of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our applicant screening process and to effectively perform the essential functions of their jobs, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
- MBA, CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Knowledge and experience with the ASC 606 standard
- Possess excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel (vlook ups, macros and pivot tables).
- The candidate must be a self-motivating individual who can excel with little supervision and use leadership skills to motivate staff.
- 5 years of experience in Accounting, at least 3 in a supervisory accounting role
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or Finance with extensive Accounting background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficient in GAAP/FASB codification
- Ability to supervise professional level staff of various experience levels
- Ability to network within the organization
- Computer literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a medium or large-sized company