Currently hiring an Accounting Manager for the team in Hackensack, NJ. This position will be responsible for monthly closing processes and preparing journal entries, among otherresponsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Report status of day to day tasks
• Escalate disputes and other outstanding issues to supervisor as needed
• Daily management of the general ledger and staff
• Review all journal entries are processed and ensure they are prepared in accordance with the company policy and in line with monthly close schedule
• Review all account reconciliations and ensure they are prepared and reviewed in accordance with the company policy
• Respond to issues that arise in the field that affect the close.
• Monitor service levels and make recommendations for improvement.
• Work with ETS to solution items Identified for improvement
• Instill continuous improvement behavior and assist staff with identifying continuous improvement opportunities
• Consolidate transactional activities and drive performance to reduce time spent on low value activities
• Maintain procedural documentation
• Review preliminary forecasts prior to submitting to FP&A
• Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
• Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
• Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. Oracle)
• Well-organized with ability to prioritize
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
• BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
• Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
• Experience using Oracle
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work from offices in Hackensack, NJ.