The Manager of Accounting is primarily responsible for the leadership, development and execution of GoDaddy's corporate accounting function and related close process to ensure accuracy of the General Ledger. In addition, the position will be responsible for directly leading, developing and supervising the general ledger corporate accounting team and also supporting the Director, Accounting.
The Manager is alsoresponsible for adherence toSOX related processes and controls. The position focuses on generalledger corporate accounting and analysis andreports to the Director, Accounting.This role isresponsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthlyfinancial statements andreports. Plan, coordinate, and work with employees in various levels and functions of the company, maintain data integrity in thefinancial systems, maintain stronginternal controls, and engage in continuous process improvements to further enhance GoDaddy's growth and reputation.
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; auditing and reporting of financial activity, and ensures accuracy of financial statements
- Liaison with external and internal audit teams to ensure timely delivery of audit requests, including statutory audits
- Ensures that Go Daddy’s accounting practice adheres to US GAAP
- Work with senior management to develop management information reports for timely and efficient decision-making
- Prepares fluctuation analyses to identify possible errors and issues with accounting records
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger and project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness
- Review reconciliations and post journal entries related to accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, payroll and other various general ledger activities
- Maintains accounting records and documents in an organized fashion
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions
- Participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Selects and hires employees for the General Ledger team. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degreerequired
- Two (2) or more years of leadership experience managing teams required
- Six (6)+ years of accounting or financeexperience in a corporate environment
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting software.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets;
- Prior high-tech industry experiencepreferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Strong working knowledge of SOX and internal controls
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive and independent self-starter
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Specific language requirements
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work