The Accounting Manager will supervise accounts receivable and general ledger functions to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, supervising the month-end close process to ensure timely recording of entries and proper reconciliation, and help develop and maintain internal controls and accounting policies and procedures.
Come work for us and enjoy the following perks:
- Competitive benefits package
- 401K participation on the 1st day of the month after completing 90 days of employment
- 4% matching
- Employer contribution vests immediately
- Free lunch “Super Wednesday” on the 1st Wednesday of every month
- Food Truck Thursdays
- Massage Clinics on the 3rd Wednesday of every month
- Free parking
As our Accounting Manager you will:
- Responsible for maintaining accurate accounting data, including but not limited to month end closing of sub-ledgers and general ledger, and ensuring financial integrity for multiple entities.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in accounting functions (Treasury, accrued expenses, fixed assets, etc.), ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures and in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform research and analysis on financial records, and escalate issues for management attention.
- Assist in creating and implementing procedures for journal entry and account reconciliations packets with relevant supporting documents attached.
- Assist in crafting and reviewing schedules and account reconciliations with clear and concise information with proper sign offs.
- Assist in development, documentation, monitoring and ensuring compliance of internal controls and accounting policies and procedures, and execution for best practices.
- Proactively drive for greater and continuous improvement in processes, accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and drive resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable functions.
- Daily supervision of team members to ensure proper training, compliance and development.
- Ongoing support for technical accounting research and updates, including preparation and documentation on accounting positions.
- Involved with coordinating accounting projects and initiatives across functional teams and bridge communication with internal and external customers.
- Develop collaborative relationships across teams and functions across all business lines.
- Create and prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive accounting experience, including:
- 5 years of managerial experience
- 2-3 years of public experience
- Possess thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Proficient in technical GAAP and financial reporting and analysis.
- Extensive g/l experience, posting journal entries and reconciling accounts.
- Experience managing processes, internal controls and automated accounting systems.
- Solid MS Office skills (Excel and Word) and MS Access.
- Analytical and inquisitive to ask questions, identify and understand many layers of details as well as the big picture to find errors and/or larger problems, and making connections.
- Proven ability to field questions from multiple directions and communicate with all levels of management, staff and vendors.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and a highly ethical professional.
- Excellent leadership and verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and a friendly persona.
- The ability to work under stress and multitask, willingness to lend a helping hand, and have an interest in continuously adapting and striving for efficiency and effectiveness in a changing environment.
- Extremely organized, detailed oriented and thorough.
- CPA preferred.
- Financial or Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Recent experience with Great Plains a plus.