$120K — $140K *
Our Client is a major carrier of health insurance products and services located in Nassau County, NY.
The Position: Accounting Manager
Reporting to the Controller, Client seeks an Accounting Manager. The scope of this role is primarily General Ledger focused: Booking of premiums, claims, bank recs etc.
· On a monthly basis, review all cash entries for the insurance companies and sign off on bank reconciliations.
· Maintain accuracy of the premiums reported by testing cash received, and testing of receivables with subsequent cash.
· Prepare and analyze accruals for premiums, claims, commissions and expenses, and prepare reconciliations for the receivables and payables.
· Review and prepare monthly entry for reports received from Managing General Agents.
· Provide support for general ledger transactions to the external auditors and during periodic state regulatory examinations. This includes providing data for sample testing of premiums, claims and commissions and furnishing supporting documentation for samples tested and account reconciliations.
· Manage and report abandoned property and escheatment.
· Analyze outstanding checks
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance with 7+ years of general ledger accounting experience.
· Experience in Statutory and GAAP accounting in the Life/A&H insurance industry a plus
· Knowledge of EAS Sungard General Ledger program or comparable program.
· Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong reconciliation skills
· Strong knowledge of Excel required
Valid through: 12/21/2021