Lead a team of accountants and clerks in the accurate delivery of monthly financial statements for the gasoline supply and wholesale/ dealer business using standard processes.
Relevant accounting topics include inventoryvaluation, derivative financial instruments, and inter-company transactions. This position will also be occasionally asked to significantly contribute to and / or lead special projects.
- Responsible for accurately delivering monthly financial statements for $100M gasoline supply business, including variance analysis, forecast support and account reconciliations.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls.
- Respond to monthly, quarterly and annual requests from internal and external auditors.
- Design support infrastructure to strategically reduce market risk inherent in supply business.
- Oversee development of large cross-functional business processes and underlying systems implementations to stabilize supply business results through the use of derivative financial instruments, paper trades and other exchange activities.
- Integrate new gasoline business opportunities into 7-Eleven consolidated financial statements. Develop strategies for post-implementation system rationalization, continued automation, tightened controls environment and streamlined taxreporting.
- Develop and retain high potential talent to support the company's growth and strategic initiatives.
- Cultivate a team culture that regularly recognizes contributions.
- Fill open positions with upgraded skill-sets, specifically for technical accounting functions.
- Build organizational bench strength.
- Assist staff with HR-related tasks pertaining to people development and performance management.
- Education: Bachelors Degree/4YR Degreerequired, CPA highly preferred, Masters preferred
- Experience: 10-15, Finance and Accounting (GAAP), Gasoline, Supervisory Experience
- Through working knowledge of accounting and financialreporting concepts, including inter-company transactions and disparate general ledger consolidation.
- Strong facilitation skills, project management skills.
- Strong communication skills and leading teams.
- Extensive financial system implementation experience.
- Experience in recruiting, selecting, leading and developing individual talent and teams.