$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Position Specific Description
The Manager, Corporate Accounting is a critical leadership position that oversees the execution of all benefits and investments for NextEra Energy to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the Company's financial statements. This position reports directly to the Director Corporate Accounting and serves as a partner by engaging with business leaders within the Company to anticipate business issues and drive strong decision making through sound financial management and application of accounting expertise.
The Manager, Corporate Accounting is responsible for the benefits and investment accounting operations for NextEra Energy which encompasses financial transaction processing, financial close, and compliance with accounting policy, procedures and our internal controls. The Manager, Corporate Accounting ensures the accurate and timely preparation of financial data in the SAP general ledger in accordance with the US GAAP.
A focus on continuous improvement including the enhancement of accounting processes, policies, and procedures is essential to success in this position. This includes partnering across the broader finance organization and with key business stakeholders to optimize upstream and downstream processes and integrate improvements into operating plans and goals. Ongoing organizational and individual development within the accounting organization is another critical success factor including the ability to transform and adapt the accounting organization to the Company's shifting business model and strategies.
Employees in this job manage and coordinate a unique accounting function and lead complex accounting projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares financial reports that are in compliance with GAAP and FERC, in a timely manner, to accurately reflect the financial position of the Company
• Provides accounting oversight to businesses and departments within the Company and ensures proper controls are in place for accurate financial reporting
• Ensures financial data integrity through the implementation and maintenance of a strong control environment
• Keeps abreast of, and applies GAAP, SEC regulations, and relevant company policies, practices, and procedures
• Manages professional staff, and effectively communicates and executes performance management
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience: 8+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Valid Through: 2019-11-4