The Accounting Manager-Financial Reporting will be responsible for the preparation and filing of all external financial reporting documents, related SEC filings, and researching accounting treatment for new accounting standards and transactions. The Accounting Manager-Financial Reporting will work with accounting leadership to drive the SEC reporting, financial statement review, monthly account analysis, account reconciliations, and SOX compliance. The ideal candidate thrives wearing multiple hats and is adept at change, comfortable with hands-on work and has excellent project management and communication skills.
- Prepare periodic reports, including Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, annual report and all other SEC filing documents in compliance with all SEC and US GAAP disclosure requirements
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements.
- Writes MD&A and footnote disclosures.
- Coordinates with a cross-function team from Accounting, Finance, Legal, and Investor Relations to prepare disclosures.
- Prepare and maintain support for all areas of external reporting process, such as EPS calculations, stock-based compensation expense, Consolidated Balance Sheet, Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders Equity and Form 10-K and 10-Q support binders
- Interact with external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided in a timely manner
- Assist in managing the reporting timeline and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure reporting timelines are met
- Assist in managing the month-end close processes and the close schedule
- Assist with the preparation and/or review balance sheet reconciliations and perform income statement account analyses
- Assist with the preparation and/or review journal entries and accounting schedules
- Assist in other duties and special projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 5-7 years relevant experience in finance and accounting in industry
- Experience in Workiva highly preferred
- Experience with SEC reporting required
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Mid- Sized, growth focused, public company experience highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously
- Enthusiasm driven to continuously strive for excellence
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment, problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently
- Thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and dynamic environment
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work to deadline