Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 212 days ago
Prepare business unit’s financial projections and measure accuracy of projections against actual financial performance. Perform detailed analyses which help senior management identify inefficient processes and or/business practices and their associated financial impact.
- Run monthly proformas to project future profitability and cash flow needs. Load monthly general ledger actuals and go-forward revenue/cost-to-complete assumptions into proformas to generate Community Life Profit and Loss Statements, financial plan projections, and impairment calculations/lot recoveries. Discuss potentially impaired communities and mothball candidates with senior management.
- Prepare all required information for the Monthly Area Operating Statistics Report (AOSR) Call including the following: explanations of deliveries and profit variances against the most recent financial plan and previous Monthly Call, estimated impairments and walk away costs, revised Schedule 19 inventory balances, impairment reversals, revised direct margin, and estimated housing revenue.
- Review monthly financial statements to determine cost allocations, impairment reversals, CSDs, etc. are correct and communicate all potential discrepancies to the Controller.
- Review white books prepared by Land Acquisition and validate proforma assumptions (i.e., revenue, cost, absorption, etc.).
- Prepare tri-annual financial plan.
- Establish financial plan calendar and coordinate meeting/due dates with Department Heads and Community Managers.
- Perform thorough review of overheads with various department heads. Analyze business needs and identify areas where overheads are excessive (or deficient).
- Build new financial plan schedules and revise existing templates to accommodate requests made by Corporate Budgeting Team.
- Analyze plan-to-plan variances and provide explanations for material changes to revenues, direct costs, indirect costs, overheads, and/or contracts, starts, and deliveries (CSDs).
- Assist Accounting Team with the loading of financial plan overhead budgets into the job cost module and facilitate seamless transition of business plan to accounting by providing revised Buildable Acreage Allocation Method (BAAM) calculations, revised budget projections, etc.
A bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance from a four-year college or university is preferred along with 5-7 years of experience in general ledger accounting, financial planning/budgeting. JD Edwards experience a plus.
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC, a subsidiary of Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., a well-respected publicly traded company, is committed to providing an environment and programs that help our associates flourish. You can look forward to professional support and extensive benefits—including medical/dental/vision coverage, discounts on mortgages and home appliances, and a 401(k) plan.
Search Firms Please Read Carefully:
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any associate at K. Hovnanian via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of K. Hovnanian. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by K. Hovnanian as a result of the referral or through other means.