The Inventory Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the company's inventory position by executing and monitoring necessary adjustments to provide senior leadership with an accurate inventory balance. The role will partner closely with Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, and IT toidentify inefficiencies, report on issues, and create processes designed to maximize efficiencies and accuracy. We are looking for an independent worker who is continuously pushing boundaries, solving problems, and challenging the status quo. This position calls for a professional, analytical problem solver who will be responsible for researching, analyzing, documenting, and resolving discrepancies.
What you'll do:
You'll have opportunities to solve problems, drive sales and build relationships every day as you...
- Inventory Related
- Perform analysis of obsolete inventory, days on hand, and inventory turns and provide improvement recommendations to senior management
- Calculate inventory reserves for shrink, obsolescence, and slow moving inventory
- Compile monthly reports of all inventory transactions and reconcile to the general ledger
- Oversee and direct the physical inventory counts at all retail and warehouse locations
- Support timely and efficient monthly closings and financial statement reporting
- Continuously optimize inventory and cost of goods sold reporting and processes
- Develop and implement internal controls surrounding all inventory and cost of goods sold processes
- Other Accounting Related
- Oversee the Gift card process and reconciliations
- Oversee the Charge backs
- Perform month end expense accruals
- Manage staff
- Work cross functionally to ensure that all sales growth is supported by accounting procedures, including following U.S. GAAP and developing required reporting
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- At least 10 years of experience in Accounting, and at least 3 years of experience overseeing Inventory for a retail operation
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to follow up on open items
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Innovative; constantly seeking ways to build relationships and streamline processes.
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to learn new financial systems quickly.
- Experience with Netsuite and Manhattan is a plus.
- Must be committed to paperless filing systems.
- Must be comfortable in an open environment.
- Travel required: 20% or less
As an Accounting Manager, you'll be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, 401k, green transit subsidy and more.