The Accounting Manager oversees the accounting team and functions as a business partner to the controller and plant management team. The incumbent is responsible for a variety of financial accounting and reporting functions including, but not limited to, providing cost and general accounting, preparation and reporting of KPI's, ensuring the integrity of data, maintaining a control environment and SOX compliance, annual plan and forecast, business analysis and capital request/projects. The Accounting Manager is responsible for developing, administering, interpreting, managing and evaluating accounting systems and procedures to ensure proper internal and external financial reporting and to maintain the appropriate level of internal controls to safeguard the site assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensures timelines for reporting and control documentation are met.
• Develops, interprets and implements accounting policy and procedures to ensure corporate and governmental reporting requirements are met.
• Establishes the appropriate internal control environment throughout the operations to safeguard the assets of the company and meet Government contractor requirements.
• Evaluates and recommends changes to the general ledger portion of the chart of accounts to assure proper classification of accounts.
• Evaluates and recommends changes to management reports generated by the general ledger and other accounting systems.
• Develops standard cost rates the products and work centers for the site.
• Provides appropriate schedules and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of certain asset and liability accounts in support of external audit.
• All other duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
• CPA or CMA certification preferred.
• 3-5 years costing experience in manufacturing environment.
• Experience in a supervisor capacity preferred.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills with an understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures.
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.