8 - 10 years experience •
Leading food manufacturer with a long track record of producing and selling highly successful products internationally is looking for an energetic Accounting Manager who will thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all general accounting functions for the company in order to properly maintain accurate financial records, enter and review financial transactions, and perform month-end closing procedures. Ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Stardards (IFRS). Responsible for developing, implementing and directing effective internal control and financialreporting systems to achieve company goals and support effective decision making by management. In addition, this position will perform requiredinternal controls and US GAAP technical accounting research and policy development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, document, implement and monitor the preparation of financialreports in compliance with US GAAP including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and related footnote disclosures.
- Prepare and submit timely quarterly and annual report packages to the Corporate Office.
- Coordinate all aspects of support for external and internal audits.
- Develop, document, implement and monitor internal control procedures and policies to safeguard all company assets.
- Prepare directly or through subordinates ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- Perform and/or supervise the daily Accounting Department activities, including Prepaid Expenses, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Inventory, Taxes and any other general ledger activities. Manage the month end close, including processing of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the revenue and purchase cycles in accordance with the Company?s policy.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the lease accounting. Review leasecontracts and addendums to properly maintain the capital lease assets schedule to ensure recording appropriate lease liabilities and interest expenses.
- Assist Senior Accounting Manager of Accounting or Controller by performing technical accounting researches and stay current on new revenue recognition, lease accounting, and cost accounting rules under US GAAP.
- Assist with IFRS conversion projects including convergence of transactions related to revenue, leases, fixed assets and other topics as needed.
- Coach and develop Accounting Staff.
- Effectively support related functional areas, such as Operations, in achieving overall company goals. Participate in management committees and cross-functional teams as requested to represent a financial perspective.
- Maintain effective relationships with vendors and service providers, such as banks, auditors, 3rd party leasing companies, insurance agencies, etc.
- Other duties as requested
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA is preferred.
- Experience in IFRS is preferred.
- Experience in public accounting is preferred.
- Experience in management of Accounting Team is required.
- Knowledge for SAP FI / CO is required.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and/or other ERP system is required.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and possess good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with non-accounting professionals.
- Must possess good verbal and written skills and be a self-starter.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, high integrity.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, if necessary, to meet financialdeadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other functional leaders.
- Ability to challenge status quo for process improvement.