If you aspire to be part of a purpose, performance and values driven organization whose mission and vision guide every action, we are eager to hear from you.
The Accounting Manager will manage all periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, annual) financial reporting and accounting matters of SenDx Medical, Inc and Radiometer Mexico to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the results.
This position will report to the Senior Accounting Manager but must be able to work independently with minimal guidance and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs and/or supervises the full-cycle accounting process: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, and General Accounting. Reviews work of other team members as required.
- Coordinates general ledger interfaces and month- and year-end closings.
- Fixed asset management – manages fixed asset processes, including keeping adequate records, calculates proper book and tax depreciation in the company's FAS asset system, and performs a fixed asset audit once a year.
- Standard work – keeps standard work of all accounting tasks at the company and updates the records when processes and procedures change.
- Lean accounting/TPI – analyzes the workflow of the transactional accounting and drives processes towards lean methods and continuous improvement.
- Accounting system – manages the accounting system at the company, drives system changes when needed, and trains other associates on proper accounting system transactions.
- Reporting – prepares all financial statements, department reports, support statements, posting of actual results into the forecast model, and input of actual results into the parent company reporting system. Prepares government reports and surveys.
- Parent company – works with the company's parent corporation in Denmark, including answering requests, handling inter-company billing, and correcting accounting system issues.
- SOX – leads the efforts in SOX compliance and monitoring.
- Account Reconciliations: reconciles and/or reviews general ledger account reconciliations.
- Journal Entries – prepares, reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various transactions.
- Audits - Prepares for and manages audits of sales and use tax, property tax, financial statements and others.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience is required.
- CPA certification required.
- A minimum of (5) five years in accounting is required.
- Experience with A/P, A/R, cash, G/L and financial reporting. Experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Strong analytical, accounting research and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational skills.
- Requires ability to self-initiate activities and to work within time lines.
- Must have good leadership and interpersonal skills to supervise department staff and to work with other departments.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting software.
- Proficient use of Windows software programs.