Wake up each day knowing that you are a part of something special. Something real. Something bold. What you do can make a difference. Coyote is an industry-leading transportation and logistics service provider that believes in doing the right thing every time. Every hour. Every minute. Every second. Are you looking for a place where you will have a role in shaping an industry? Are you Tenacious, True, Tribal, and Smart? Then it's time for you to apply to join the pack.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the oversight of day-to-day accounting operations such as general ledger, cash management, month end close, and fixed assets accounting. This position also supports financial audits and monitors adherence to financial standards and regulations.
DAILY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Preparation and reporting of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and Company policies
- Researching and analyzing technical accounting issues as they develop
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls, policies & procedures
- Overseeing fixed asset accounting
- Controlling the month end close process including monthly reconciliations and variance analysis
- Assist in planning and coordinating quarterly and annual audits
- Treasury and cash forecasting
- Overseeing sales and use tax and property tax filings
- Providing support for local and state tax incentives
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Supervise the training and development of at least 5 accounting staff, including providing the staff with the necessary guidance and training to fulfill their job responsibilities and giving them regular feedback on their job performance
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by keeping current on changes in accounting standards (U.S. GAAP) and reporting practices
- Other duties as assigned based on business need.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, CHARACTERISTICS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong leadership, communication and demonstrable business analysis and presentation skills
- Hands on with attention to detail are critical
- High level knowledge of MS Excel
- Public accounting experience with a SOX background highly desirable
- Logistics experience is a plus
- Oracle Cloud and Blackline experience a plus
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of progressive accounting or related experience
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Supervisor
IF ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS BEYOND DESK WORK:
- Physical: Employee must be able to use a computer and phone to conduct business. This includes the ability to use hands, talk, see, and hear.
- Work environment: Fun, fast paced work environment designed to drive Coyote's tribal culture and NO EXCUSES mentality. Open floor plan with moderate noise.