Corgan has grown significantly and we are looking to make a key hire that will help us build the financial foundation to scale with our company’s growth. Are you someone who likes creating, implementing and refining financial processes and systems? Do you take pride in managing detail and planning for maximum efficiency? As the Accounting Manager you will oversee the day-to-day operations surrounding accounts payable, employee reimbursements, expense report management, cash receipts, payroll and other accounting operations. This role has many internal and external touchpoints, so it requires a leader who is highly organized, a strong communicator, and who leads by example.
- Manage a team of four and report directly to the Controller.
- Lead process improvement efforts for accounts payable, cash receipts, payroll and other accounting operations.
- Assess, develop and standardize the roles, responsibilities and technical skills of accounts payable and payroll staff to increase accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable and payroll reporting.
- Direct the accounts payable function including the entry, processing, and approval flow of all invoices, corporate credit card purchases and expense reimbursements.
- Supervise the Payroll Specialist in the preparation and analysis of bi-monthly and off-cycle payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, including monthly international payrolls.
- Assist in payroll calculations and analysis, deductions, insurance coverage, wage garnishments, and tax filings.
- Oversee the Payroll Specialist in verifying and posting time records.
- Develop and refine payroll processes and calculations for scale and efficiency.
- Ensure all new and/or unique compensation changes are properly incorporated in the correct pay period and updated in our payroll system.
- Help maintain the Accounts Payable subledger, manage AP aging report, reconcile to the general ledger, and prepare payment review files for weekly payments.
- Review the setup of all new vendors in our AP system, update existing vendor workflows, and oversee the maintenance of W-9 requirements and year-end 1099 reporting.
- Act as the primary point of escalation for both internal staff and external suppliers on all payment related inquiries and problem resolution.
- Ensure efficiency on the team in recording and reconciling corporate credit card expenses, verifying employee expense reports comply with policy, and ensuring timely reimbursement of employee business expenses.
- 5 years of supervisory experience in an Accounting department including accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with various accounting and payroll software (e.g. Vision, UltiPro)
- Energetic and positive attitude with a willingness to be a hands-on leader
- Data and results driven
- Detail-oriented with focus on quality control and efficiency
- Strong written and communications skills
Corgan believes in partnering for success, building on our legacy for the future, and providing an excellent product. Corgan’s project sectors include aviation, data centers, education, commercial, interiors, and healthcare. Corgan offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. In addition to our excellent environment, philanthropic culture and numerous awards, we offer the ability to work with the highest level of technical equipment and programs.
*Only applications received through our website will be considered.* EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet