Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financialreports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
As an Accounting Manager, you'll support the Corporate Accounting organization and assist with the Accounting Close process, system implementations, enhancements and maintenance as needed.
You'll play a vital role in the Accounting team as we redefine our processes and systems, while you interface with business teams to assist in gathering and understanding their requirements, dig into the details to understand the problem, coordinate requirements discussions, document requirements, and act as the liaison between the various business and technical teams.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in Audit, General Accounting and/or Accounting Close process.
- 5 years of SAP experience.
- CPA, CA or MBA degree.
- 6 years of experience in high-tech or consumer service industries and/or consulting firms with extensive exposure to ERP and accounting systems, specifically SAP architecture.
- Experience in SAP implementations, upgrades, regression testing process and end-use testing.
- Experience with business process definition and systems analysis/design.
- Experience with accounting close processes and accounting systems, with proven track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute tactical project-level activities.
- Effective analytical and business process re-engineering skills, with attention to detail.