About the Position: Accounting Manager assists the Controller in the organization's accounting and finance functions and contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting.
About the Company: At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Command & Control Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet & income statement analysis to ensure GAAP compliance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash reports.
- Monitors delinquent A/R and work with team to calculate AR reserve.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Maintain prepaid and deferred expense reports.
- Record intercompany billings/journal entries.
- Maintain fixed asset records.
- Maintain leases with in Visual Lease.
- Communicate internal issues and recommendations to Controller.
- Review project set up in Costpoint.
- Ability to resolve escalated issues arising from operations that requires coordination with other departments.
- Support C&CT business unit's entity-wide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, including requisite documentation compliance.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with Federal Government cost and pricing requirements in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and subject to audit by Defense Contract Audit Agency(DCAA).
- Provide support as needed to Department for the Incurred Cost submissions.
- Provide support on forward pricing rates agreements, provisional billing rates and disclosure statement.
- Help to review, assess, and document department processes and procedures to ensure appropriate compliance.
- Special departmental assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to analyze, research, disseminate, and make recommendations on multiple projects at one time.
- Keen analytical ability and detail oriented.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Self-starter with good personal organizational skills; ability to manage execution of multiple projects.
- Must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
- Must be able to keep information confidential as required.
- Must have minimal unscheduled absenteeism.
- Must be able to work on weekends & nights when required.
- College graduate, Accounting degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in all aspects of accounting.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience with Government contracting including Delivery based, Milestone based, Cost Plus, Time & Materials, and recurring services FFP contracts.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint 7 (The company's core systems are Deltek's Costpoint ERP, Deltek Time and Expense for timekeeping, Concur for expense reports, TM-1 for report-writing, and SharePoint for workflows.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis.
- Current government contract accounting knowledge; including CAS compliance, billing, pricing and billing rates, incurred cost submission and DCAA audit experience.
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with numerous different groups in a large organization
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement and jury duty leave
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.