Accounting and Cost Control Job Responsibilities:
Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. Assists in the control (management of accounts) for the various company projects.
Accounting Job Duties:
- Reporting to the company's President and functionally to the group head of finance
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepare and finalize payroll accounting.
- Completes the statutory periodical tax returns for federal/state tax as well as sales tax
- Assist with external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Liaises with the Group head office to provide in a timely manner all information necessary for:
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statement
- Update of the group budget and cash flow forecast
- Finalization of ad hoc reports
- Ensures the integrity of our financial data and performance by keeping information confidential.
- Oversees the timely processing of Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Provides support for business plans and investments with detailed cash flow and payback analysis.
- Maintains strategic oversight over our Corporate Benefits and Administrative Expenses.
Project/Costs Control Duties:
- Reporting to the project management and to the Group head of Project Control
- Assists in the preparation of the project budget and periodic updates
- Periodic reporting of the variances between the actuals (costs and revenues) and the budget
- Analyze the project progress and assist in the computation of the project work in progress
Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting, SFAS Rules, Research Skills, Analysing Information , Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Corporate Finance, Financial Software, General Math Skills.
- The position will require travelling to international headquarters (training/meetings) and within the United States (meetings with clients).
- Knowledge of the International Accounting Standards would be desirable to ensure the reconciliation of the local accounts with the group financial statements.
- Knowledge of the SAP accounting system is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong background with contract management including complex terms and conditions
- Knowledge of Buy-America compliance requirements and reporting is desirable
- Work experience with accounting requirements of government service contracts
- Knowledge of ISO9001 practices
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with acquisitions and due diligence is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, medical evaluation and drug screen
Minimum Education Requirements:
- BS Degree in Accounting (MBA is desirable)