Coherus BioSciences, Inc. (“the Company”) received U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for its first product, UDENYCA™ (pegfilgrastim-cbqv), the first pegfilgrastim biosimilar approved by both the FDA and the European Commission for patients with cancer receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy. As such, the Company’s finance department is growing to support the inventory and other commercial-related accounting for UDENYCA™.
Reporting to Controller, the Accounting Manager must have solid accounting skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, and a talent for fostering a team. You will help manage account payable operation and accounting department that supports our rapidly growing environment. A successful candidate will have a strong desire to exceed expectations and have a flexible, can-do attitude.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to the company’s accounts payable and the general administration (G&A) of the general ledger function. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following is meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Manage the overall aspects of the Account payable functions, reviewing the data entry validation and providing technical directions, and ensuring all deadlines and timelines are met
- Mentor, train and manage 2+ direct reports
- Responsible for cash management activities including weekly cash disbursements and bank reconciliations
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding accounts payable issues
- Lead in actively developing and implementing new procedures and process improvements to enhance the workflow of the account payable function
- Responsible for the monthly general ledger close process for the general administration area including review of the journal entries, monthly accruals and balance sheets reconciliations
- Responsible for accounting of fixed assets
- Perform flux analysis for balance sheet and income statement accounts for the areas of responsibility
- Support the completion of both external quarterly/annual audits and SOX 404 compliance reviews for the assigned responsible areas
- Responsible in filing the sales and used tax and property taxes, and processing the 1099 tax information
- Ensure compliance with Company accounting policies and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Perform special projects (including ERP implementation) and varied tasks as needed.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Accounting with at least 1-2 years as Accounting Manager with direct reports demonstrating leadership and solid managerial skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced office while constantly maintaining a friendly and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment
- Experience working in biotechnical industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a team environment