The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting department to including management of the accounting department team. Responsibilities include preparation of comprehensive month-end financial packages for multiple entities (balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flows), general ledger, tax returns, audit preparation, ad hoc reports for management and ability to identify process changes to expedite the closing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly financial statements for multiple entities (balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flows).
- Assist in preparation of comprehensive month end financial packages.
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Prepare and assist with coordination of all audit activities.
- Develop with analyst, preforms and various scenarios to project the financial impact of contemplated investments and operating strategies.
- Bank debt covenant monitoring and reporting.
- Assist with income tax planning and compliance.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must exercise diplomacy, discretion, sound judgment, and flexibility in varying situations, and must maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of standard accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop alternative solutions to problems; comparing and analyzing data; preparing clear, concise, thorough, meaningful, and grammatically correct written reports, letters, memoranda, and other documents.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and make decisions relating to assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Great Plans general ledger system and FRX report writer, Crystal, Hyperion, etc. and Windows operating systems software including, but not limited to Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Five (5) years of financial accounting experience
- Four degree in accounting/finance (CPA preferred)
- Accounting Manager will work in areas that are highly visible and designed and furnished to make a good impression. Most work stations are clean, well lighted, and relatively quiet. Work is primarily sedentary in nature.