Accounting Manager (Client Program "Certified Financial Officer")
Responsibilities: The Accounting Manager (Client Program “Certified Financial Officer”) will have primary responsibility for overseeing financial management functions for the client program, and ensuring that all financial operations compliance requirements for the client program are met by Performant.
This role requires a CPA with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline; and is responsible for producing and certifying the accuracy and effectiveness of Performant’s financial reporting for the contract; and effective internal controls over financial management operations for the contract.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Understand, maintain and coordinate client financial management reporting, processes and workflow, documented procedures and controls required for the program.
• Oversee the bank accounts, account reconciliation, account reviews and transaction analysis, applicable reporting.
• Responsible for accurate and timely reconciliation of program accounts and required client financial reporting.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of client statements, remittances, and related files.
• Develop and produce financial reporting required for client program. Review reports for accuracy and completeness, and analyze against contractual financial expectations.
• Maintain and continuous improve client financial operational effectiveness by monitoring program financial operations and managing the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes in accordance with the contract.
• Quickly master and effectively use internal and client specific applications and programs, as well as understand overall operations for delivery of services under the contract.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal constituents and client contacts.
• Analyze the impact of operational workflows on financial management, accounting and reporting for the program.
• Ability to identify issues or trends, effectively research and establish facts, articulate root cause and potential solutions to, and collaborate effectively with key stakeholders to bring to successful conclusion to complex matters.
• Partner effectively with internal team members in service delivery for the contract and internal reporting, controls and support such as Accounting and Finance, Payment Operations, Recovery, Healthcare Operations, IT and other functions.
• Interact with clients and auditors to provide records requested for audits of internal controls; and controls required in support of client contractual provisions. Respond to client, audit and internal questions and requests.
• Contribute to updates to Business Continuity Plan (BCP) requirements as they relate to client program financial management operations.
• Ensure named back-up for client program financial management that meets the contractual requirements is identified and trained accordingly.
• Perform other incidental and related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge: • Demonstrated ability to effectively manage corporate bank accounts and reconciliations.
• Familiarity with payments and credit card processing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting practices and high deposit transactional volume banking management.
• Demonstrated skills in contractual compliance, accounting, and operations.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving, with keen attention to details.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally.
• Must excel in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong multi-tasking abilities.
• Strong systems skills; easily adapts to effectively using new programs and applications
• Superior spreadsheet skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Access database knowledge also helpful.
• Industry or operational knowledge of Medicare Secondary Payer Commercial Repayment programs a plus.
Education and Experience: • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline is required.
• Must be CPA (Certified Public Accountant) .
• 5- 10 years related work experience in treasury, accounting/finance or banking with heavy emphasis in 3rd party payments transaction accounting, bank reconciliation, analysis and reporting.
• Experience in Medicare Secondary Payer Commercial Repayment programs highly desired but not required.
* Must submit to and pass background check.
* Must not have any Federal or State liens resulting from County, State or Federal tax issues.
* Must not have any current defaulted student loans.
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check; must not have any felony convictions or specific misdemeanors.
* Must submit to and pass drug screen.
* Performant is a government contractor. Certain client assignments for this position may require additional background and/or clearances.